2.22.2010

Scrapcamp Weekend!

So much fun! I had a great time at Maple Ridge Farm (just outside Taylors Falls). My plan was to work on my 3 Day book, and while I didn't get as much done as I wanted (7 pages and a mini book), I still feel very accomplished. I also believe I gained a pound or two. So much fun food!


Well, here's my weekend and the highlights:

Friday: Crystal picked me up at my house. She was kind enough to load the car and do all the heavy lifting. Her car (it's an SUV) was so loaded, she couldn't see out of the back. Crystal also brought coffee and breakfast from Keys Cafe. What a pal! Soon we were on the road, laughing, and talking and getting more giddy about getting to the Farm. The sun was out and it was a very pretty morning.

Once we arrived, we immediately went in to check out the house. Crystal had been there before, so she knew what to expect. The place was SO CUTE! I took pics that I will post later. It had the cutest Grandma's farmhouse charm. Everything about it was perfect. After the tour, we unloaded the car, which was very comical because of all the stuff we brought. Just as I started making door signs so
everyone knew where there room was, Toni and Sandy arrived. Soon after Lynn and Susette showed up too. After everyone was settled in, the work commenced. Toni was the first to get going. She's a MACHINE! I bet she had two or three cards cranked out before I even opened by stuff up.

The rest of the day consisted of laughing, talking, eating, laughing, eating, working...you get the picture. I think Alyssa and Missy, our final two crafters, arrived around 6:30. We all sat down together for a fabulous taco dinner and some laughs. I really think we all got along very well.

I didn't go to bed until about 12:30 on Friday night. You get a little delirious in that last hour of the night and tend to stop working because you're too busy staring off into space or yawning. When that starts, it's time to put away the scissors.

Saturday:

I woke up around 7:30 and was up making coffee (decaf- blah) at 8:00. I had to quickly get to the coffee maker to make my small amount of decaf before the other coffee drinkers took off my head. I was kind enough to brew their regular coffee after mine was done. We ate a breakfast of egg bake, which I use to hate, but have decided I'm starting to like it, if it's made well, which this one was! I think I was back working on my pages by 9:00. My whole day consisted of work, eat, pee, work, eat pee. Every time I got out of my chair, I would have a snack or go to the bathroom. Ah, the life of a pregnant lady.

Also, let me just say...I really don't like the color PINK anymore! Because I am working on my 3 Day album, all my pages are pink dominant. There are lots of shades of pink, and I've used them all. The running joke all weekend for me was "hmm...I think I' use pink paper for this page." ugh.

We stopped working for a bit to enjoy a baked potato bar for dinner. I love these weekends. The food is always so much fun. It took us a bit longer to get back to work and it was a little after 9PM by the time I sat down at my workspace.

So again, the yawns and spaceyness started to set in and I had to take myself off to bed. This time...2AM! I have no idea how I was awake that long. (Crystal was up until 4AM!)

Sunday:

Up at 8:30 - gee this is getting harder to do. Again, off to make my coffee flavored water and have a bite to eat. It took my brain a little longer to get going on my book, but I did manage to eek out a few more pages before it was time to pack up for home.

Scrapbooking for an entire weekend is EXHAUSTING! We were so tired and brain dead on the drive home, we barely talked.

I didn't realize how much I missed Jeff and Frankie until they came to pick me up at Crystals house. Frankie laid across my lap on the drive home and seemed so happy to have me back. I love that little pup. And the hubby certainly seemed happy to have me home too, especially after I made him dinner. :)

the end.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh...good times. thanks for all of the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have had about 10 of those Rainbow chip/M&M cookies that Missy brought. Those were my weakness! I can't wait to scrapbook my pics of my first time scrapbooking. I was showing Jeff and he couldn't BELIEVE the messes we all had.

    ReplyDelete