2.01.2010

mmmmmm........Delish!

I just have to share this recipe with every one!

It's an adaptation from a popular cooking wares in home party company.

I have dubbed it:

Big Time Chicken Burrito

Ingredients:

1 can bean dip (chip aisle version)
3 cups cooked chopped chicken (I use a package of grilled chicken strips of the pre-packaged deli sort - Southwest Seasoned if I can find it)
3/4 cup salsa - any kind
1/2 squeezed fresh lime
1 cup (or more) shredded cheese divided
1 Tbsp southwest seasoning mix
1 clove garlic crushed (I just use the jar stuff, in a big heaping spoonful)
4 large grande burrito size tortillas
2 roma tomatoes sliced

and I DO NOT add this, but to each his own - 1/2 chopped onion - blah.

Doing:

Mix chicken, lime juice, garlic, salsa, and seasoning in a large microwavable bowl.  Heat for 1 1/2 min.  Stir and add 1/2 of the shredded cheese.  Continue heating for 1-1 1/2 min.  Layer tortillas in overlapping pattern on cookie sheet (or round baking stone if you have one and your husband didn't break it and forbid you to buy a new one until you move into your new house).  Spread bean dip into a large square - best to gander at the photos to understand what I'm talkin bout.  Spread out the chicken mixture onto the
bean dip.  Fold the four sides of the tortillas to create a large envelope.  (again, peak at those pics below.) Layer the sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkle remaining cheese over the burrito. 

Bake at 425 for aprox 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is melted, edges are brown, and house smells danged good!

Top with favorites like sour cream and guac.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I haven't made this in AGES! I should again though.
    I almost just licked my computer screen...

    ReplyDelete