11.06.2011

Shop for a Cure

Hello Friends and Family!

I'm very excited to tell you that I'll be walking in the Twin Cities Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk again in 2012! With your love and support, I was able to raise over $2,500 in 2009.

In 2009 I walked in honor of all the women I know who have battled breast cancer. The closest person to me is my Grandma Pat, who is a survivor! In 2012, I am walking in honor of a woman who's story is so much closer to my heart. She is a very dear friend of one of my closest friends. We are friendly, but I don't know her that well. But I know her life well, because it's a lot like mine. She is 32 years old, just like me. She is a mother, a wife, daughter, and depended on by so many who need her to stick around....FOREVER! She is battling her fight with breast cancer right now. Her story scares the hell out of me, because we live very similar lives. The other reason I'm walking is because in October my Mom had a breast cancer scare. During a routine mammogram, her doctor found a lump. She had a series of appointments and after an ultrasound and biopsy, thankfully it was discovered to be benign. For a brief period, I had to start imagining my Mom battling breast cancer. My imagination got the best of me and suddenly I was without a mother and Gwen without a Grandma. This is really happening to families day in and day out! If you feel like me, and want to gain some semblance of control over an overwhelming issue, help support me and my team!

My team is kicking off our fundraising with a holiday shopping boutique on the evening of Thursday, December 1st. It will be an open house from 5-8PM. We will be offering light appetizers, beverages, and a jump start to your holiday shopping (or just get something for yourself! You deserve it!). We will have 6 PREMIER "shops" offering high quality goods.



Pampered Chef
Cookie Lee Jewelry
Norwex chemical free cleaning supplies (this stuff is SO COOL!)
Stampin' Up - stamping, crafting, and home decor
Mary Kay
and
Fancy That Studio - handmade gifts (all personally made by me!)

Each vendor is donating up to 20% of the proceeds from all sales.

I hope you'll find time to stop by and show your support. I would love to see you on the 1st!

Thank you,

Kelli

PS. If you aren't able to stop by, but would still like to shop, we are setting up online shopping, and will also have catalogs. I would be happy to meet up if you would like to shop from a catalog. Just let me know and I can forward the web address, etc or we can find time to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment